Ask a question from expert

Ask now

Warehouse Case Study Assignment

7 Pages1213 Words159 Views
   

Added on  2019-10-18

Warehouse Case Study Assignment

   Added on 2019-10-18

BookmarkShareRelated Documents
Warehouse Case studyThe assignment should be 3,000 words minus appendices, tables etc...and written in reportformat.This coursework has a value of 50% and is to be completed by 18.00 on Sunday 3rdDecember 2017. In addition to submitting it online through Turnitin, two hard copies mustbe handed in to the Postgraduate Office. Late submission is subject to a 30% penaltyunless you have agreement from the course leader.The report will be marked based on the quality of arguments, critical thinking and range ofoperations discussed.Please prepare your report in 12 point font (Calibri, Arial or Times New Roman are allacceptable), with 1.5 line spacing and print it single sided. There should be a minimum of10 academic references. Do not spiral bind. Include a front cover and a contents page. Stinky Bathrooms Ltd is thinking about relocating their warehouse to the outskirts of North London. Stinky Bathrooms sells bathroom furniture including bathroom suites (sinks, baths, showers and toilets) and bathroom accessories (taps, radiators, shelves toilet roll holders, etc), as well as spare parts for when things break!The outline planning permission limits the building height to 12m In order to be sure of selecting the best design the company has instigated a design competition as part of the tendering process. The Company has issued the following data and guidance to all competitorsSales dataThe products are categorised into 3 categories: bathroom accessoriesCategorySales£/cu.mNumber of SKUsWeeks stockBathroom Accessories30M50010004 weeksBathroom Suits30M10010003 weeksSpare parts5M10005000012 weeks
Warehouse Case Study Assignment_1
Supply chain description Inbound LogisticsThe company receives inbound deliveries from 2 sources: 70 % of bathroom suites are sourced from the Far East, and 20% from Europe and the remainder from the UK. 50% of the bathroom accessories are sourced from the UK, 30% from Europe and 20% from the Far EastSpare parts are 100% sourced from the Far East. Pallet configurations of inbound product (single SKU) permit a pallet cube of 1.44 cu.mAll inbound deliveries from the UK and Europe are palletised. Deliveries from the Far east are not palletised.Outbound Logistics70% (by value) of outbound deliveries are destined for the firm’s retail outlets which are predominantly located in the south of England. The remaining 30% (by value) are supplied to small independent retailers distributed evenly across the UKLocation OwnershipDistance (Miles)EdinburghIndependent392GlasgowOwn390ExeterIndependent208LiverpoolIndependent199ManchesterOwn187LeedsIndependent173BristolOwn131BirminghamOwn105IpswichIndependent82.8Gatwick Own75CambridgeOwn60Milton KeynesOwn42Bluewater Own41Regent streetOwn30Welwyn Garden CityOwn5All stores are to be delivered to by 10:00am (despatched same day or day before) and are open for 360 days per year and within this constraint 7 days per weekAll outbound despatches are palletised.Outbound pallet configurations permit pallet cubes of 1.15 cu.m
Warehouse Case Study Assignment_2
OperationsThe warehouse operates 7 days per week and closes for 1 week over ChristmasThis data should be used calculate staffing levelsOrder structureQuantities per OrderlineCategoryOrder size (order liners per order)Own IndependentBathroom Accessories2510Bathroom Suites83Spare parts5030CategoryQuantitiesCasesEachesOwn IndependentOwn IndependentBathroom Accessories51105Bathroom Suites0033Spare parts005030
Warehouse Case Study Assignment_3

End of preview

Want to access all the pages? Upload your documents or become a member.

Related Documents
Project Management - Assignment PDF
|18
|3596
|40

Supply Chain Diagram Assignment
|4
|838
|59