Top Asked questions
- Task 4.3 = (a) A 250 kVA, 11 000 V/400 V, 50 Hz single-phase transformer has 80 turns on the secondary. Calculate: (i) the approximate values of the primary and secondary currents; and (ii) the approximate number of primary turns; (b) The primary and secondary windings of a 500 kVA transformer have resistances of 0.42 Ω and 0.0019 Ω respectively. The primary and secondary voltages are 11 000 V and 400 V respectively and the core loss is 2.9 kW, assuming the power factor of the load to be 0.8. Calculate the efficiency on (i) full load; and (ii) half load.Get Answer
- Task 4.2 = (a) Refer to the circuits below= A circuit having a resistance of 12 Ω, an inductance of 0.15 H and a capacitance of 100 μF in series, is connected across a 100 V, 50 Hz supply. Calculate: (i) the impedance; (ii) the current; and (iii) the voltages across R, L and C. (iv) the resonance frequency and Q factor. (b) Three branches, possessing a resistance of 50 Ω, an inductance of 0.15 H and a capacitance of 100 μF respectively, are connected in parallel across a 100 V, 50 Hz supply. Calculate: (i) the current in each branch; and (ii) the supply current. (iii) the resonance frequency and Q factor.Get Answer
- Apply single phase AC theory to solve electrical and electronic engineering problems Task 4.1 = (a) Explain the term "harmonic synthesis". (b) Given the complex waveform v(t) : Plot the graph for v(t) and find out the characteristics of the resulted complex waveform.Get Answer
- Task 3.3 = (a) The winding of an electromagnet has an inductance of 3H and a resistance of 15Ω. When it is connected to a 120V, d.c. supply, calculate: (i) the steady state value of current flowing in the winding, (ii) the time constant of the circuit, (iii) the value of the current after 0.3 s (b) A 15μF uncharged capacitor is connected in series with a 47 kΩ resistor across a 120 V, d.c. supply. Plot the capacitor voltage growth characteristics by preparing a table of data . From the graph, determine the capacitor voltage at a time equal to one time constant after being connected to the supply. Also, find the time for the capacitor voltage to reach its final steady state value.Get Answer
- Task 3.2 = Solve problems using circuit theorems to calculate currents and voltages in circuits (a) By using Norton's Theorem, determine the current in the 5.0 Ω resistor in the network shown (b) sing Superposition Theorem, determine the voltage across the 4 ohm resistor show in the figure below.Get Answer
- Task 2.3 A close-coiled helical spring undergoes a static deflection of 30mm when a mass of 2.5 kg is placed on its lower end. The mass is then pulled downwards through a further distance of 20mm and released so that it oscillates about the static equilibrium position. Neglecting air resistance, energy losses in the spring material and the mass of the spring determine: (a) the periodic time and natural frequency of vibration, and (b) the maximum velocity and acceleration of the massGet Answer
- The platform P, has negligible mass and is tied down so that the 0.4-m-long cords keep a 1-m-long spring compressed 0.6 m when nothing is on the platform. If a 2-kg block is placed on the platform and released from rest after the platform is pushed down 0.1 m, Task Fig. 2.2(b), determine the maximum height h the block rises in the air, measured from the ground. ( Hint: the strain energy in the spring is transferred into potential energy in this process.)Get Answer
- Task 2.1 (P2.1) A flywheel, which may be regarded as a disc of diameter 350mm and mass 30 kg is accelerated uniformly from rest by an electric motor to a speed of 500 rpm in a time of 30 s. The drive from the motor is then disconnected and a brake is applied which brings it uniformly to rest whilst rotating through 100 complete revolutions. Neglecting bearing friction and air resistance, determine (a) the moment of inertia of the disc, (b) the accelerating torque, (c) the breaking torque.Get Answer
- If a twisting moment of 1100 Nm is impressed upon a 4.4 cm diameter shaft, what is the maximum shearing stress developed? Draw a diagram to show the shear stress distribution. Also, what is the angle of twist in a 150 cm length of the shaft? The material is steel for which G = 85 GPaGet Answer
- B5E02 Engineering Sciences = Select standard rolled steel sections for beams and columns to satisfy given specifications. (a) Beam selection A standard rolled steel I-section is required for the simply supported beam shown in Figure Task 1.2.a. A factor of safety of 12 is to apply and the ultimate tensile strength of the material is 510 MPa. Select a standard rolled steel I-section from the tables provided in Lecture 1.2 that satisfy the given specifications. The selected section must have the least possible depth. The weight of the beam itself may be neglected when calculating the maximum bending moment (b) Column selection A strut of length 8m with one end direction-fixed and one end pin-jointed is required to carry a compressive load of 750 kN. Select a suitable universal steel column from the tables provided in Lecture 1.2 that satisfy the given specifications and has the least mass.Get Answer
- The W360-3-79 rolled-steel beam AC shown below is simply supported, and it carries the uniformly distributed load shown. Draw the shear and bending moment diagrams for the beam, and determine the location and magnitude of the maximum normal stress due to bending.Get Answer
Get step by step solution and explanation to your question.
Engineering Assignment Help
The world is developing and engineering is one of the most important factors that has contributed to its development. If we see anything around us, it is a result and part of one or the other branches of engineering. The house we live in, the roads we travel on, the electricity that we use, the environment, its management, everything is a result of the significant and appreciable role that engineering plays in our life.
Get 24/7 help with your assignment with step by step study assistance as per your requirement.
Online learning platforms are the best solutions to your engineering assignment queries where you can search for any topic and get all the relevant and accurate solutions and study material for your academic assistance. By availing of the services you make studying more fun and effective in terms of learning because you can refer to various documents to find the best solution to your questions and you can study from anywhere and at any time you find convenient.
Desklib is an educational platform that started with the aim to help students with their studies. By choosing Desklib’s engineering assignment help, students get access to more than two million documents and study material which students can refer to for their assignment, homework, research, dissertation, projects, etc.
The online library provided by Desklib’s includes carefully chosen best documents from across the world and it is updated and added with new study material and documents regularly.
Desklib is accessible by any student from anywhere and they can get the study material on any subject regardless of the college they are enrolled in or the course or degree they are pursuing. It provides various affordable subscription plans which students can choose from according to their budget, usage, and suitability.
Click here to check Electrical engineering online assignment solutions ( 500+ written solutions )
Electrical engineering includes dealing with the electronic machinery and equipment which widely include gadgets, domestic electronics, technical devices and their functioning, power generators, microchips, transformers, electrical circuits and everything else that works or includes electricity.
The sub-branches of electronic engineering include power generation and transmission systems, power electronics, computer engineering, instrumentations, radio-frequency, telecommunications etc. Electrical engineers work to develop, supervise, test and design the electrical equipment and they should have an in-depth understanding of the electrical functioning, mathematics, materials and relations with other electronics.
Click here to get Mechanical engineering online assignment solutions ( 500+ written solutions )
Mechanical engineering, one of the oldest branches of engineering, is the combination of engineering physics, material science, and mathematics where the engineers conceptualize, develop, design, test, and manufacture mechanical equipment.
It is a very wide branch of engineering and requires an understanding of mathematics, mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics, electricity, structural analysis, etc. From the functioning of your car, working of your clock, all the movement enabling equipment is part of mechanical engineering. Mechanical engineering is important as it makes it easy for us to do our daily work.
Materials Science Engineering
Click here to getMaterial science engineering online assignment solutions ( 500+ written solutions )
Material science engineering includes designing and discovering new solid materials. The field requires analytical thinkers with knowledge about engineering, metallurgy, mineralogy, chemistry and material. Material science and engineering studies the history of any material, its formations, and change in structure through time, what are its properties and where can it be used. The field includes materials like Metals, polymers, ceramics, composites and is applied in nanotechnology, electronics, energy, constructions, biotechnology etc. This field has proven to bring more prosperity and growth in the world by the discovery of new materials that produce better technologies and materials making our lives easier.
Civil engineering is related to infrastructures, their development, planning, designing, construction, maintenance, and supervision. These infrastructures include all the roads, bridges, tunnel, highways, schools, hospitals, residential buildings, factories, airports, sewage systems etc. Civil engineers work both outside and in the office; they plan and design the infrastructure, plan their budget, do the risk analysis, manage the permission that will have to be taken, etc. and supervise and check the on-sight activities. Civil engineers ensure the safety, quality and precision of their projects.
Click here to get environmental engineering online assignment solutions ( 500+ written solutions )
Environmental engineering deals with more scientific concepts like biology, chemistry, ecology, hydraulics, hydrology, microbiology, etc. They work to improve the quality of living and the protection of all living things. This field of study aims to do sustainable development and work for the betterment of the earth which is slowly deteriorating with increasing air and water pollution, deforestation, soil contamination, plastic, and other non-biodegradable waste.
Environmental engineering focuses on researching, experimenting, and finding ways to improve soil quality, waste management, and proper sewage discharge, improving the quality of water, stopping deforestation, and planting more trees.