. Organization. Having organizational skills enables housekeepers to arrange things in an orderly and unique way. Towels need to be folded and hung in an appealing way; wet bar arranged, and many other things that will make housekeepers to be as organized as they can in order to keep the room neat. When the room is organized and well arranged, those making use of it will feel comfortable and relaxed.
2. Communication. Housekeepers who work in a hotel setting come in contact with different guests on a regular basis, so they need to communicate effectively with guests. They have to help with requests for additional personal items such as towels, soap, toilet tissue, and more. Housekeepers sometimes help in resolving complaints that a guest may have with a room that does not meet his/her standards. They need good communication skills to be able to do this effectively.
3. Laundry Skills. With this skill, housekeepers can wash and iron many cloths, sheets and towels on a daily basis. Some housekeepers launder private items for guests, but they handle them carefully to avoid damaging guests’ personal materials. Having strong laundry skills will help you a lot in your job so that you don’t cause unnecessary expenses for yourself. The laundry duties you will perform include washing, ironing, and folding clothes.
4. Honesty. Housekeepers can make mistakes sometimes or encounter accidents while on duty. They may break a glass, crack a plate while washing; tear one part of a settee or even damage a clothing material that belongs to either a guest or the hotel where they work. They should admit their error, explain the situation and make sure it never happens again. If it happens again that means the housekeeper on duty is careless and wasteful.
5. Attention to Detail. Housekeepers need the ability to pay attention even to the smallest details. They should be able to assess a room and ensure everything is in its right place. Some housekeepers take photos with their phone before they start work to ensure that after the day’s work all items are returned to the exact same place where they were removed from.
6. Active Listening. The ability to listen to the house manager’s orders makes communication easier when working as a housekeeper. A very good housekeeper will ensure he/she understands distinctly the directions given to him/her and know when to ask questions to get clarified. This skill set will help your housekeeping career get to the top because of your ability to listen and respond well in a polite way.
7. Flexibility. Most employers look for a housekeeper who can work flexibly, especially a live-in housekeeper. The housekeeper may have to cook, clean and watch over the children. A non-flexible housekeeper cannot cover most of the day’s tasks before the day runs out, but a flexible one will make every effort to assist in every situation.
8. Reliability. A good housekeeper is always reliable, loyal and dedicated enough to work excellently for the employer. It is important to work reliably with the experience you got from your previous job. When you are reliable, your employer will trust you, and you should work devotedly and with great zeal in order to keep your job going.
9. Cleaning. During your housekeeping job section, you have a bath tub to scrub and clean, bed to make, meals to get ready, linen to launder, ironing and folding and lots more work to do. Your cleaning skills will help you to work productively within a short period of time, and you will be able to keep every part of the room clean and shinning to the admiration of guests and management.
10. Cleaning Tools. Housekeepers need the ability to use certain tools such as mops and vacuum cleaners in cleaning guest rooms. They must ensure they fill up their cleaning carts with adequate supplies so they don’t waste time coming back to the department to get needed items.
Instead of taking the guest MR. Hans Shultz to his room. The assistant front office manager Sid lobo should firstly confirm whether the suite room is ready the Sid lobo should ask for a complimentary drink to engage the guest before the room was ready. If this was done the guest would be more happy and won’t leave the hotel
Click here to download the complete solution
Our happy customers
They are fast in responding to homework questions. they have the best technical writers. Thanks for helping me with my programming doubts.
I contact to disklib for homework, they help me out, despite there was some technical issue they gone through extra mile for me and provide me good quality work in first priority. 100% recommended.
Desklib's study resources are best & unique. Their study database is easy to access and easy to use.
100 % recommended.