- The approach of Management followed by Ismail is Interpersonal behavioral approach. The approach concentrates on the management of human aspect. The prime believe of the approach is working together for accomplishing the goals and understand each other The problems are solved through psychological involvement. Thus this approach stresses on the leadership significance, workplace culture and motivation The motivation of the employment and a good working culture encourages better performance by the employees of the organization. According to the Crush case study, the following four examples support the Management approach to be Interpersonal behavior:
- The approach of Ismail is informal.
- Continuous sharing of information
- Access to idea.
- Better engagement across the organization
The above points show how Ismail follows the Interpersonal behavioral approach, as it is seen that the engagement across the organization good denotes the workplace culture to be better and the access of idea and continuous sharing of information can be referred as the psychological involvement of the while the informal relation of Ismail towards his employees is used by him to understand his employees better. Hence the connection of the approach of management of Ismail is justified to be Interpersonal Behavioral Approach.
- The manager followed the approach of the decision theory. The decision making is the prime focus in this approach. As the centre of focus of the business is decision making, decisions on what and how to achieve makes it difficult for the manager .The decision is not the only concern in this approach, but also everything that precedes of the decision ,the course of decision and the situation following the position. In the case of the Marius he followed the decision theory approach are as follows :
- Experienced and efficient workers such as Louisa and Amid were not given the liberty to take decisions regarding the business, the manage took control over all the decision to be made.
- The following of the autocracy leadership shows that the manager centralized the decision making process as in the case of the Aisha he stuck to his decision, rather than listening to Louisa’s suggestion regarding the matter.
- His decisions of formal and rigid decision with the new clients acted as adverse recommendation from the clients shows how the decisions of the manager adversely affected the business .
- Marius liked to take control over all aspect and decision of work.
- The leadership style of management followed by the owner of Crush is Affiliative leadership style. The style of leadership is based on collaboration of the leader with the employees. In this leadership, the coordination of the employee and the leader is maintained through communication between them. The objective of the employees and the leader is for the greater good of the business organization. A leader can say people what to do but getting them agreed on the decision is a skill that the leader associates himself with. This enhance the flow of ideas by the employees , motivating them appraisal by accepting the ideas for the betterment of the organization, in this way the employees think of the organization of their own and indulge in innovative ideas to uplift the organizational objectives. The characteristics of Affilaitive leadership are as follows :
- The sense of equality and togetherness: The employees are treated as equal by affilaitive leaders and decisions are made together with the consultation of the employees.
- Innovative and creative: The leaders encourage creativity and innovative ideas towards the betterment of the business organization.
- Trust : The leader is trustable by the employees and the leader also builds the trust in the employs
- Positive communication: The leaders communication with the employs positively.
- Positive feedback: the leader has the capacity of giving positive feedback to employees to inspire them.
- The manager carries the Autocracy style of leadership. Autocracy form of leadership is the style of leadership in which the leader controls all the decision of the organization. The leader does not encourage the flow of ideas or suggestions from the subordinated. Decisions taken by the leader are solely based on their judgment and ideas, hardly taking advice from any other. This type of leadership does not motivate the employees’ free flow of thoughts and ideas. On comparing the two leaderships in the case study it can obtain that :
- The owner promotes open door policy while the manager converses one sided. The employees too said in the case that the owner would talk to them but the manager talks at them.
- The meetings of the manager were formal whereas the owner used to have informal environment for increasing communication.
- The owner encouraged the employees to feel free to give ideas which inspires them , the manager vas the vice versa held the power of taking decisions regarding the business organization
- The owner would motivate the employees towards organizational goal but in the case of the manager the dictatorial behavior turned the opposite.
- The engagement of the employees was much more compared to the manager as the stressful behavior adversely affected the culture of the organization .
- The two types of motivators used in the work place are as follows:
- Affiliation Motivator: The desire of the workers of an organization to work for the organization as they develop the mentality of belongingness to the organization is called Affiliation Motivator. The performance of the workers enhances when they build interpersonal connections with the coworkers and the organization itself. The positivity in the workplace of the organization makes the culture of the organization motivational for the workers of the organization. The positivity in the work place of the organization boosts the efficiency of the organization and motivates the workers towards organizational goals.
Competence Motivation: The motivation is related to the need of the employee to feel capable and competent in the organization. The workers who are motivated by the competence work towards the goal of the organization. The competence motivator builds the self believe and believe on organization which encourage the other coworkers to be competence mature of the work place.
These two motivational types were used in the workplace under the leadership of the owner which gave the employees an extra urge to work towards organizational goal.
- The three motivational techniques that are used to motivate the employs in the case are :
- Trust : Trust is an important factor in to motivate the employees ,the display of trust by the owner to the employees motivates them as they feel the importance as being trusted by the leader, they feel a form of support from the leader to perform their organizational work with efficiency and enthusiastically. As it can seen in the case study, the Trust in gained through behavior of the leader towards the employees,
- Supportive to team: The leader must be supportive to the team, as in the case of the owner he supported his team which resulted in the efficiency of the organization towards organizational goal while the manager created gaps, which resulted in disengagement of the employees. Support creates trust in the employees towards the leader .
- Protection of employees: The case study shows how the manager used hard approach of managing for the employees. Despite the manager being friend of the owner, he trusted his employees and investigated the issue. This kind of protection to the employees enhances their moral towards the organization and improves employee engagement.
- Employee Engagement can be defined as the fundamental concept of understanding and describing the nature of the relation between employees and organization. The engagement of the employees are highly affected by the approach of the employees towards the organization which are dependent on variables such as mental state of dealing difficulties, the energy of the work place, involvement of work or rather pride in the work, and absorption in task. The increased employee engagement results in efficient work from the employees as they get motivated towards working for the betterment of the organization, similarly if the employee engagement is less in an organization, the full potential of the organization may not be obtained. The employee engagement can be obtained when the employees obtain job satisfaction.
- The key factors which impact the employee engagement of a organization are as follows :
- Two-way or open communication - The two-way communication allows the employs to put forward their idea and suggest better way to serve the organization , the two–way also encourages the incoming of innovative and new ideas and the interaction of the leader and the employees create opportunities for evolution
- Effective cooperation: The cooperation of all the employees and leaders helps the organization to maintain the organizational culture.
- Harmony in the working environment: The respecting of each other by the employee balances the harmony of the organization.
- Four employee engagement strategies used at CRUSH are as follows :
- Effective Cooperation: The cooperation of the owner with the workers shows how cooperative the leader was towards his employee, while the opposite happened in the case of the manager who believed in autocracy.
- Two-way Communication: The communication is an important way of engaging employee, the more communication between the leader and the employee creates an organizational balance and flow of ideas and thoughts. The two-way communication encourages the employee for the same.
- Interaction: The owner encouraged the incoming of new idea and skills and discussed with the employs before taking any decision, the interaction motivated the employees .
- Comfortable workplace: The employees were not bound to wear office dresses, rather the casuals were allowed by the owner, the employees were also welcomed to share knowledge and skill
A) An Organizational culture is the sharing of similar values and norms within the members of the organization. Values can be termed as the understanding shared simultaneously by the member of the organization. According to the Handy model of organizational culture, it is based in 2 dimensions. Graphically representing the axis represents the distribution of power from low to high in the y axis and the level of cooperation in the x axis. Here the cultures are divided into 4, which are Person, Task, Role, and Power. In the role culture the employee prefers security and stability as possible, the culture is highly job oriented , the culture is known for its agreements and procedure or rules and regulation.. The power culture is mostly found in entrepreneurial organization.. Cooperation is important in a power cultural organization. The power culture is considered highly flexible, the leader must be strong in a power culture. The person culture is the culture in which the corporation level is less but the power distribution in high. A person culture are generally the professional organizations where the employee have complete freedom and limited rules and regulation. The last one Task culture is result oriented and the employee are expected to be problem solving oriented.
b) The examples of the Organizational culture in the case study are as follows :
- Business ethics can be referred as the study of the situation of the business, activities and decisions where issue of right and wrong are addressed. . It is the study of the practice and policies of a business. Business ethics is considered as a crucial part of the leadership of a business, the concern for good behavior. In business , the ethics can also be defined as the willingness and ability to value on during thre course of decision making, and determine how the values affect the stakeholders of the business and the managers to perform their day to day operations. The business ethics is followed by leaders to build fairness and justice in the organization, without business ethics an organization is compete in national or international level. Therefore the business ethics acts as a guide for the business with good behavior. The practice of ethical business practices can help the business with productivity and positive approach by the stakeholders outside the company. Thus business ethics plays an important role in shaping the organization, but continuous practice is needed for enhancing business.
Click here to download the complete solution
Our happy customers
They are fast in responding to homework questions. they have the best technical writers. Thanks for helping me with my programming doubts.
I contact to disklib for homework, they help me out, despite there was some technical issue they gone through extra mile for me and provide me good quality work in first priority. 100% recommended.
Desklib's study resources are best & unique. Their study database is easy to access and easy to use.
100 % recommended.